Thinking of doing some baking this weekend?
Foodfluffer is an instagram page which features some of the best food photography in the world. It’s where I met Dawid Powałek, a Poland-based food photographer, who was happy to share his recipe for Lemon Pound Cake.
For the cake:
- 1 cup of all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 cup of potato flour
- 200 g butter (room temperature)
- 100 ml of oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the lemon glaze:
- 8 tbsps of powdered sugar
- 2 tbps of lemon juice
- Preaheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix all loose ingredients.
- In a second bowl, mix the butter, oil and sugar on medium speed in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix.
- Add loose ingredients in 3 to 4 batches and mix using wooden spoon or spatula. Make sure all of the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Transfer the cake batter into a buttered pan (I used 2,5 l bundt cake pan, but 1,5 l will be enough).
- Bake the cake for about 50 – 60 minutes.
- To make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar with lemon juice using a kitchen whisk.
When the cake is cool, pour the lemon glaze over it and decorate with daisies.
Let us know in the comments how yours turned out. And follow Dawid on instagram for more recipe ideas.
Photography by Dawid.