Looking for an indulgence to pair with your coffee. This Easy Chocolate & Orange Tart will do the trick.
- 250 g digestive biscuits (chocolate covered if you want)
- 75 g butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- peel of 1/2 orange (preferably organic)
- 1 cup double cream
- 250 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Crush biscuits by hand or in a blender.
- Mix with melted butter and press the mixture on the bottom of a pie tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk in the cream cheese mixture and mix until fully combined and silky.
- Mix in the orange peel.
- Cut the chocolate into small chunks.
- Move to a bowl.
- Pour the rest of the milk (3/4 cup) into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot milk on top of the chocolate and leave for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture until smooth and combined.
- Pour into the tart case.
- Garnish with orange peel.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
Viola Virtamo is a Finnish cookbook author, food photographer and graphic designer. She’s been featured many times on foodfluffer because her photography is simply sublime. You can follow her on instagram here. And order her latest book here.
What’s your favorite thing to have with coffee? Email us your recipe. And don’t forget to subscribe for more.